Your initial appointment will consist of a complete radiographic, occlusal (bite), soft tissue, head and neck, and joint evaluation. Often times Dr. Ruggiero can explain your diagnosis and treatment options right away. Larger reconstructive treatments and esthetic services will often need subsequent visits to properly plan. Please call our office if you have any questions: Crescent Prosthodontics Office Phone Number 803-851-3950.
Dr. Ruggiero has a full library of prior completed treatments to provide examples of the possibilities. Large treatments will take time and expertise to plan, and often will include other specialists. Dr. Ruggiero, at the request of a patient, will organize and present a full treatment plan presentation in our conference area.
Occasionally, treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history and/or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any x-rays, if applicable.
- A list of medications that you are currently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- All patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.)
- Let us know in advance if you are on any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays (radiographs), you may request that they forward them to our office by mail or fax: 803-851-3861. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office for your consultation. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.